Calculate the Saskatchewan sales taxes GST and PST 2020

+ + =

Current GST/PST rate for Saskatchewan in 2020

The global sales tax for SK is calculated from goods and services tax (GST) in Canada rate (5%) and the PST rate is 6% for a total of 11%.

Saskatchewan sales tax rate remain the same in 2020 as of 2019.

Also check: Sales tax calculator Saskatchewan (GST/PST) 2021

Formula for calculating GST and PST in SK

Amount without sales taxes x (GST rate/100) = Amount of GST in SK
Amount without sales taxes x (PST rate/100) = Amount of PST in SK
Amount without sales tax + GST amount + PST amount = Total amount with sales tax


30$ x (5/100) = 1.50$ (GST)
30$ x (6/100) = 1.80$ (GST)
30$ + 1.50$ + 1.80$ = 33,30$

PST in Saskatchewan

If you have your business in the province of Saskatchewan, then you must comply by paying the sales taxes. The province of Saskatchewan still has a separate provincial sales tax where

you will have to charge, collect and remit PST unless you are selling a product or service that is PST exempt, in most of the cases.

In Saskatchewan, PST implies to a 6% tax on the goods and services that are consumed or used in the above province. When we talk about the goods and services, we also refer to those goods, which are imported to Saskatchewan for use and consumption. Businesses operating in Saskatchewan must register to obtain a PST number. Depending on the nature of the business, either a vendor’s license number or a registered consumer number will be issued.

If you are living in Canada and want to know more about how to calculate the GST/PST then a very simple and effective GST calculator for Saskatchewan province can help you out. This online calculator calculates both sales taxes – Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Provincial Sales Tax (PST).

Any input field of this calculator can be used:

  • Enter price without GST/PST – GST/PST values and price including GST/PST will be calculated
  • Enter GST value and get PST value, GST/PST inclusive and GST/PST exclusive prices
  • Enter PST value and get GST value, GST/PST inclusive and GST/PST exclusive prices
  • Enter GST/PST inclusive price and calculate reverse GST and PST values and GST/PST exclusive price

List of exemptions of PST (PST)

  • Agricultural products, including livestock
  • Some aircraft
  • Some baby supplies
  • Many books
  • Electricity (in specifics conditions)
  • Fertilizer
  • Many more

For more information about PST exemptions and reduced rates, please visit the Retail Sales Tax Act of Saskatchewan website.

Signup With Newsletter

Keep up to date!

Quarterly newsletter to keep up with changes in calculations / rates and improvements.